Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper review

As all you moms out there know, there are A TON of baby products.  By the time I was pregnant with my 1st, I knew I was ready...
Fisher Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper Review - A Little about a Lot
Ready to be a mom, ready to give up my wants and needs to take care of my little one, I was even ready accepting the fact that sleep {my favorite thing ever} would go away.  However, I was not ready for all the STUFF!  There is so much of it and it's soooooooo overwhelming!

After 2 kids and trying out a ton of baby stuff, I am definitely no expert, but I do have a couple of FAVORITE items and this is at the top of my list.

Fisher-Price Newborn Rock n' Play Sleeper, Yellow 
**comes in many styles and colors**
Both my girls went straight into their "taco" {as one of my friends named it} from the moment they came home from the hospital, until {sadly} they were too big for it.
There really are so many reasons to love this Rock n' Play Sleeper 

Pros: 
It's the perfect size.  It's large enough to feel comfortable and sturdy, but still very lightweight and takes up little space.  I could keep it next to my bed and carry it out to the living room in the morning {with baby strapped in} and it was no trouble.

The fabric is removable and machine washable, which is a plus when you have a little one.   Between spit ups and blow outs, I was washing ours a ton, but it still fits securely and there is little to no fading.

The fact that you can fold it up with the push of a button makes this a breeze for transporting and storing.  We brought it to Grandma's house every time, as well as the park, beach... even camping.  Since we don't currently have a little one, I've got it stored away in the closet and it barely takes up any room.

I think the most useful part for us was the slight incline.  Both of our girls had reflux and hated sleeping flat, so a traditional bassinet was out of the question.  That incline saved us from a ton of tears.

Most importantly, it's safe.  There is a three point harness which keeps your little one safe and sound.  Between the incline, deep seat and 25lb weight limit, your little one will be snug and secure.  However, once they get big enough to sit up and squirm/roll a bunch, it's probably time to move them to something bigger.

Cons:
Honestly, I couldn't really think of any.   The only issue was a recall last year {1/8/2013}, that had to do with mold growing between the insert & the plastic frame.  The issue has since been resolved and if you have an older model {like mine}, just make sure to wash and dry material properly and always wipe everything down between cleanings.


 My girls loved their little chair
Taking it to Grandma's house was a breeze
My 2nd was 8 weeks old when we went on a week long camping trip and the sleeper was a life saver.  It fit perfectly in the trailer at night and sat right next to all our camping chairs during the day.   
This was my sad moment when I knew she was too big for her Rock 'n Play {tear}
I love this Rock 'n Play Sleeper so much.  My kids slept so well in it and I think it was because of it's shape.  My 2nd liked to sleep very "snuggled" and even though she was swaddled, it was never good enough.  In a crib, she would toss and turn, but in the Rock 'n Play, if she rolled a bit, she still felt snuggled all around.  Another perk was the height, I know a bunch of people use pack-n-plays, but since the Rock 'n Play sits much higher, I could see my little girls much easier.   I've recommended this to every friend who's expecting and the ones that have bought it also loved it. 

** I was not paid or compensated for this review, all words and thoughts are my own**


HAPPY CRAFTING!
(to see where I've linked up - click here!!)

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...