Photo Flower Pots

Being a blogger can be very frustrating.
Photo Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a Lot
I spend a lot of time taking photos, editing photos and then writing posts and I sometimes wonder if anyone is even reading what I'm writing?!?!  Getting people to visit your page is tough work and getting them to come back is even harder!  I seriously think my sisters and hubby are my only true followers - haha.  

So last week when I received an email from Parenting.com saying that my blog had been featured on their website I.WAS.ECSTATIC!!!  I couldn't believe that a website {who's magazine I subscribe to} featured my blog!  

Click here to see ---->  Colorful Initial Art - Parenthood.com
Photo Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a Lot
It was such a nice confirmation that other people {besides my family} actually read my blog AND that they enjoy the content I provide.  So if you're reading this, please remember that blogging can be very time consuming with little rewards, so spending an extra minute to leave a comment or share a link, really REALLY makes us bloggers happy.   

{okay, stepping off my soap box now}

Onto today's craft - this lovely little Photo Flower Pot I made for Mother's day - for the grandmas - to go along with my craft from yesterday {click HERE to see it}
Photo Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a Lot
This was really easy to make, however I apologize for not taking ANY photos of the process.  I made these 2 years ago, about 2 weeks after my daughter was born... I had to make these in between feedings and after I was done I looked at my hubby and said, "Ahhh, I forgot to take pictures!!"  I blame pregnancy brain - hehe :)

Anyhow, the process is very simple.
1) Spray paint a ceramic pot {any color}
2) Print photos from a regular printer on regular paper {NOT photo paper}
3) Place the photos on pot and cover with 2-3 coats of Mod Podge {let it dry in between each coat}
4) Spray with an acrylic sealer - which makes it water resistant
5) Plant a pretty flower


Photo Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a Lot
Here is a picture of all the pictures :)
Photo Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a Lot
I think what made this gift so special was that my sister-in-law & I both had babies born only a few weeks early {my daughter was 2 wks old and her son was 3 wks old} and I was able to include a few photos of all our kids together.
Photo Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a LotPhoto Flower Pot | Mothere's Day Gift | A little about a Lot
These turned out so cute and I love how versatile this gift is.  You can make one for your kids teacher or give one as a house warming present, the possibilities are endless :)

HAPPY CRAFTING!
(to see where I've linked up - click here!!)

post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...